Sunday, February 7, 2010

Weekend Getaway

One of my favorite things about living in Northern California is the diversity of landscape around us. Last weekend we were up in the mountains playing in the snow and this weekend we were hanging out at the beach.
Brian had a training meeting for work down in a resort just south of Santa Cruz and Hannah and I were able to go with him. Brian had meetings all Friday so Hannah and I spent the day in Monterey at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Neither Hannah nor I have ever been to the Aquarium and we had a blast. I loved the big Kelp forest tank and Hannah really loved seeing the big fish. At first Hannah was too scared to touch anything in the little tide pools but finally I got her to "pet" a star fish.

Saturday, we spent the morning on the beach at the resort. Hannah loved just digging around in the sand and looking for shells. She was too afraid to get close to the water at all.

We drove home by way of San Francisco and spent a few hours on the pier and enjoyed some yummy clam chowder and fish and chips.

1 comment:

Mom/Cindy said...

Thanks for sharing. We LOVE the pier at Monterrey.
Love, Mom and Dad