Saturday, September 4, 2010

1st Hair Cut


I always knew that Hannah would have to get her hair cut someday but it was getting so long and pretty. Alas, that all changed Thursday afternoon when I walked into the kitchen to discover that Hannah had decided to give herself a hair cut. As soon as she saw me she burst out crying. I'm not sure if it's because she knew I would be mad (which I was) or if the realization of what she'd done started to sink in.

I wanted to scold her or something but I couldn't be upset with my little girl when she was so sad. It took me almost 30 minutes to calm her down only to have her get upset again when I started to clean up and throw away her hair. She wanted me to save it so we could glue it back on. When I told her we couldn't glue it back on, we had another half hour of tears.


It was Friday evening before I had a chance to take her to get her hair cut. The whole drive to tha salon, Hannah kept telling me not to worry because the "hair lady" would make her hair long again. Luckily, Hannah sat very still and did everything the stylist told her to do.
She didn't have to have as much hair cut as I thought she would and overall Hannah enjoyed her 1st hair cut. I think it turned out pretty cute.

We celebrated with ice cream!!

2 comments:

Laura C. said...

You fared much better than I did w/ Sarina's incident. I'm so out of it I didn't even notice it was shorter.

Rochelle said...

WOW! She cut off a lot! How can you get mad at them when they get so mad at themselves right?