Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Andrea has done a great job getting this blog up and running. This entry, however, is my maiden voyage into the blogosphere. As my mom’s not here to give her a "hug and a love", I decided to write about her on our blog. How 21st century is that? I was going to write an ode to my mother but I’m not sure I know what an ode is (nor do I believe she belongs in the same category as a Grecian urn) so I’m just going to stick with a few thoughts and some of my mom’s favorite utterances.


















"Well, I want to you to know I’m happy to be here with y’all.” My mom loves to get together with her family and friends. I’ve learned from her example that spending time with each other and enjoying activities and events together are what builds relationships that will last a lifetime and beyond.

“Remember who you are.” My mom has an unwavering testimony of our Heavenly Father’s plan. Even though she isn’t a scripture scholar or particularly “learned” in the deeper doctrines of the gospel, she has an amazing amount of faith in Christ and in the church and its leaders. She taught me that I am a child of God.

“Get up early and drive real fast.” My mom has an unreal capacity to accomplish task. With her amazing ability to organize and execute , she can get more done before 8am than most people do all day.

Mom, I love you and I hope you have a great Mother's day in Mother Russia!

4 comments:

Trisha said...

What a great tribute. Thanks for your insight.

Grampa Doug said...

Nice job Brian. Your mom was very touched.

Grampa Doug said...

Brian, I'm a late comer to the "commenting" crowd, but you already know how special your kind words were to me. I truly treasure that kind of gift. Thank you for sharing your loving thoughts and sweet memories. I love you. I'm loving your family's blog. Thanks, Andrea, for all of the nice memories. You are a loved daughter-in-law.

Mom/Cindy said...

Brian, The last comment was from me not dad. I'm trying to improve my computer skills. Love, Mom