Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009

Visiting the Sacramento Zoo and Fairytale Town on Christmas Eve has been a tradition of my sister Kristin's family for a number and this year Hannah and I decided to join them. Hannah and her cousin Sydney had a blast running around together.
Every time we ask Hannah what she wants for Christmas she always answers pink presents. When we ask her what she wants in her pink presents, her most common response has been a merry-go-round. So when we went to the zoo and she saw the carousel she was ecstatic. She yelled look mommy Santa got me a merry-go-round for Christmas. Hannah got to ride her favorite animal and couldn't have been happier.
Normally we spend Christmas Eve with extended family but this year with Brian's parents being gone we decided to spend Christmas Eve just as a family. I thought that I would miss family (and I did a little) but we had a wonderful evening. We read the Night Before Christmas, told the nativity story, which Hannah was amazingly attentive to, and sang a few carols. Then we went out to dinner (my Christmas present was not having to do dishes).
To top the evening off we went to Dovewood Ct in Orangevale to see Christmas lights. I think this was Hannah's favorite part evening.

2 comments:

Laura C. said...

Love that Hannah said Santa got her a merry-go-round! Nice that it got you off the hook too :) A merry-go-round would be one of those hard to store toys.

Mom/Cindy said...

What a nice evening. Sounds wonderful.
Glad you did the Dovewood Ct. lights, too. Great memories!
Love ya,