Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas Tree

My sister and her family as well as my parents have started getting tree permits and cutting their own Christmas tree and this year we decided to go with them. Brian ended up having to work but Hannah and I had fun.

We checked the weather before we went and saw that it might be snowing a little. Well as you can see, it was snowing more than a little.
It was beautiful and the snowflakes were huge.
The kids had a wonderful time playing in the snow. Hannah has only been in the snow once almost two years ago and she was nervous at first but eventually started playing and having fun throwing snowballs with her cousins.
The only problem we had was with our suburban. We pulled off onto a side road to cut our tree and tried to put the suburban into 4 wheel drive. Well it didn't work and the suburban slipped around and got stuck. My dad and brother in-law tried (without success) for about 30 minutes or so to get it into 4 wheel drive and unstuck. Finally, everyone but my dad went down the road a little further to pick out trees and play with the kids. Luckily the suburban wasn't too far off the road and my dad (definitely the hero of the day) was able to flag down a passerby and they towed the suburban back onto the side of the road.

I didn't get a picture of cutting the tree (I was too cold and wet to pull out the camera). Here's a picture of it partially decorated.

5 comments:

Bryce and Amy said...

Every year Bryce wants to get a permit and go cut down our own tree. One of these years, we really will.

Love your tree. Looks like Hannah had a lot of fun.

Here at home said...

Despite the fact that we love a real tree, we went fake this year. If only we had a truck, chainsaw, or ax to cut a tree down, maybe we would make more of an effort. Looks like lots of fun. That is a pretty tree.

Cheralyn said...

What a fun little adventure. I always have thought that would be a fun tradition, but when I can get one out of a box that already has lights on it and doesn't shed needles - I'm in heaven. Glad you had fun!

Unknown said...

Fun time. Great snow. Poor suburban!Love ya,Me

Grampa Doug said...

Great pictures and you write well also. I'm impressed. However, it is hard to take a bad picture of Hannah. Nevertheless, maladyetz!
Elder Grampa