Sunday, July 18, 2010

2 Months


Grace had her 2 month appointment on Thursday. Here's how the numbers came in . . . . . .

  • Height: 23- 1/4'' (90 %)
  • Weight: 11lbs, 12 oz. (75%)
  • Head: 36.5 cm (5%)

In other words, Grace is a big girl with a very little head!

At 2 months, Grace is a wonderful baby. She is super smiley and just started to smile in response to us. She definitely is aware of who mommy is and will calm down when she hears me or even sees me coming toward her (she doesn't calm down as well for Brian). I tell Brian that's the reward I get for 9 months of pregnancy, labor and breast feeding. Grace loves it when I play a game where I draw a circle around her face and say all around your face I got your nose or other body part on her head. It always gets big smiles and babbles. Grace has started to babble a lot and has about 5 different babbles.



Grace is a good sleeper and has started sleeping 5 to 7 hours of at night. We haven't been able to get her to sleep on her back so she usually sleeps her swing or sometimes propped up in the corners of the couch (see previous post). She also like to be held in interesting positions. Here's her favorites.

I get funny looks in the store when I hold her like this.

It's amazing how many things you forget about babies. I mean it hasn't been that long, Hannah's only three. But here's Brian re-discovering the joys of diaper changing. Sometimes I can't believe how much comes out of something so little!


Good thing she's so dang cute!!

8 comments:

Bryce and Amy said...

Hah Hah, I love that last picture. Brian's face is so funny. She is so dang cute. I wish I could hold her and snuggle her.

Whitney said...

I just showed the last picture to Dave, he literally cringed! I'm trying to prep him for what it would be like to have a baby. He has NEVER changed a diaper. And yes, I do wish we lived closer to each other. I would like to hang out! If you're ever in the midwest let me know. Maybe you should go to church history sites...

Olesia said...

Wow is it 2 months already? She is so dang cute! Now that you said about the big diapers it came back to me. Sara would have a blow out atleast once a day. Im so happy for you that she is sleeping so well during the night!

Elder and Sister Sawyer said...

Very nice! I believe you weighed 12 lbs. at your 6 week check. LOL. Seems we're producing Amazon Women ;-)

Nicole said...

Love brian's face!!! That gave me a good laugh. Looking forward to those mustard colored poopy diapers

The Rose Family said...

Hey Andrea, I found your blog through Andrea Comeau and it looks like we've got little girls that are just a few weeks apart! Your two are adorable. I love having two girls! Hope you are doing well with the adjustment to 2 kids-- it threw me for a loop!

Rochelle said...

That look is classic! Grace is beautiful!

ash and jay said...

She's quite a healthy girl! And cleaning girls' daipers is waaaayy different than boys w/ so many nooks & craneys. Haha....looks like Brian's having a good time with that. But she's such a doll!