Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy 31 to me!

This week I turned 31. It's weird, such a big deal is made about turning 3o but 30 didn't really seem like such a milestone. 31 seems like a much bigger deal. It's the first time that a birthday has made me feel old but I guess that's life.

Brian took me to San Francisco for my birthday. We started the day by going to the De Young Museum in Golden Gate Park. They had a touring impressionist exhibit from the Musee d'Orsay that I have really wanted to see (I'm no art buff but love Impressionism). I loved it!! These were a few of my favorites.

The Magpie, Claude Monet

The Floor Planers, Gustave Caillebotte

The Ballet Class, Edgar Degas

We had these great roast beef sandwhiches at Tommy's Joynt.


Followed by Dessert at Mitchell's Ice Cream. It's some seriously good ice cream with a bunch of unusual flavors.

We finished the day with a short walk on the beach!

1 comment:

Laura C. said...

I felt the same way about turning 31. 30 felt like - oh, I'm barely 30. But one year older and suddenly I was firmly planted. Silly I know, but I know how you feel. Looks like a fun trip to SF.