Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween 2010

Halloween was so fun this year. I was determined to do more things with Hannah so we started by learning the Five Little Pumpkin poem and then we made a five little construction paper pumpkins for our window. She cut out the eyes and noses for all the pumpkins all by herself. She is so proud or our little window (I'm not sure she's going to let me take it down).


We made lots of Halloween treats. Hannah loves to roll and cut out cookies.


We also made these yummy cupcakes (there's an orange filling inside, hehe).


Pumpkin carving is Brian's favorite part of Halloween (he usually grumbles a little at first but he really likes doing it). Hannah really had fun with it this year. She cleaned out most of her pumpkin all by herself and was very specific about how she wanted it carved. Here's how it looked.


After the girls went to bed, Brian and I had fun sipping apple cider and watching the original Frankenstein and Dracula while we carved our pumpkins.

After a year of talking about it, Hannah finally got to be a giraffe (thank you Old Navy). Grace was super cute as a BYU Cheerleader. Saturday night we went to our ward's Trunk-or-Treat. We decided not to go Trick or Treating on Sunday but Hannah wore her costume and really enjoyed handing out candy and yelling, "Happy Halloween" to everyone that came to the door.




3 comments:

Whitney said...

The picture of the two of them is adorable! I really wish we lived closer so we could hang out!

Bryce and Amy said...

Very cute!! Isn't Hannah at such a fun age?

Whitney said...

OK, so I meant to tell you this earlier. When you first started asking about a Giraffe costume I was tempted to tell you to steal some pants from a guy in the Slavic dept. here at the University of Illinois. I kid you not, there was a guy here who used to wear giraffe-print pants! I died every time I saw him. I guess you can get away with it when you're Eastern European. Or, that's what I tell myself.